function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sreenivasulu AdipudiSreenivasulu Adipudi 

Add highlights panel fields on record creation

Hi Everyone,

I configured the lightning record page with highlights panel for Product object.
The requirement is, Hide the fields from the detail section which are available in the highlights panel, to avoid the duplication of fields.
Because the fields in the highlights panel also available in detail section(page layout). 
Issue: If I hide the fields from page layout then good for record view, but those fields are not available while creating or editing the Product record.
Is there a standard functionality to add compact layout fields to create or edit the record?
(or) Do I need to create a custom lightning component?
Please review and provide your valuable recommendations.

Thanks,
Sreenivasulu A.
Best Answer chosen by Sreenivasulu Adipudi
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Sree,

There is no possible to way to show/hide the fields in the standard page layout. As per your requiremnet, you need to design a custom VF page and override that page with your new, eidt and view button.
In this way you can control the visibilty of fields based on some condtions. Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.

All Answers

Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Sree,

There is no possible to way to show/hide the fields in the standard page layout. As per your requiremnet, you need to design a custom VF page and override that page with your new, eidt and view button.
In this way you can control the visibilty of fields based on some condtions. Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
This was selected as the best answer
Sreenivasulu AdipudiSreenivasulu Adipudi
Thank you Abhishek Bansal.