function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF Learner BeeSF Learner Bee 

create a new button to clear all fields except one field using lightning component on aura bundle

Hi all,

I am new to development have started coding now and learning as per each requirement i am able to take.

I have  a requirement where "Today on all 4 pages within the community we only have a submit button. The new ask is to introduce a "Clear" button that once selected it would clear out any of the fields populated on the page. THIS SHOULD NOT CLEAR THE CUSTOMER NUMBER FIELD "

There is a lightning component with 4 Pages and they all have a submit button. Now the business needs a Clear button to clear all the fields except for the Customer Number field. 

Snippet of the code shown below on Aura Component 
<aura:component implements="forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" Controller = "EnterTrackingNumberHttpCallOut"> 
    <aura:attribute name="response" type="Map"/>
    <aura:attribute name="returnData" type="Object"/>
    <aura:attribute name="ListOfAttributes" type="String[]"/>
    <aura:attribute name = "trackingNumber" type = "integer"/>
    <aura:attribute name = "CustomerNumber" type = "integer"/>
    <aura:attribute name="showSpinner" type="Boolean" default="true"/>

<!--aura handler with waiting and donewaiting events-->
    <aura:handler event="aura:waiting" action="{!c.showSpinner}"/>
    <aura:handler event="aura:doneWaiting" action="{!c.hideSpinner}"/>
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}"/>
    <!--loading spinner start-->
    <aura:if isTrue="{!v.showSpinner == true}">
        <c:Utility_spinner />
    </aura:if>
    <!-- Loading spinner end-->
    <aura:handler event="force:refreshView" action="{!c.isRefreshed}"/>
    <div class="slds-box slds-align_absolute-center">
        <!--Header Part-->
        <div class="slds-media__body">
            <p class="slds-page-header__title slds-truncate" title="Tracking Number Request">Tracking Number Request</p>             
        </div> 
    </div>
    <br/>
    <!--Header part close -->     
     <div style="height:50px; width:200px">          
        <lightning:input type="text" id="CustomerNumber" name = "CustomerNumber" label = "CustomerNumber"  disabled="true" value = "{!v.CustomerNumber}"/>
    </div>
    <br></br>
    <div style="height:50px; width:200px" >          
        <lightning:input type="text" id="trackingNumber" name = "trackingNumber" label ="Tracking Number(USPS, UPS, FedEx..)" required = "true" value = "{!v.trackingNumber}"/>
    </div>    
    <div class="slds-form-element">
         <lightning:button class="customButton" label = "Submit" onclick="{!c.getTrackNumber}" />
{New code to be implemented below I guess}
    </div>
    <br/> 
    <br/> 
    <h3 class="slds-section--title">RESULT : </h3><br />
    <div style="width:400px;height:400px;">
        {!v.response}
    </div>

</aura:component>

The code abobe has the submit button created which is highlighted in bold. We have another 3 pages similar to this. If someone can show me on this page i can implement the same for the rest of the 3 pages. 

Any help for this will be appreciated :) 
New to Development still getting there :) 

Thanks !!!

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings!

Can you please check the sample code to clear the inputs in lightning which might help you here.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/181870/how-to-clear-value-of-force-inputfield-in-lightning

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
SF Learner BeeSF Learner Bee
@Shirisha: Thanks for the reply. I am not able to get it work still :( 

kevin walt 7kevin walt 7
Nice to see this post here and thanks for sharing this to us. Customer Feedback Survey helps the companies to get the answers that required for them from the customers. Redlobstersurvey is the official customer survey being offered by Red Lobster. https://redlobstersurvey.me