function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shanmugha Priya PalaniyappanShanmugha Priya Palaniyappan 

Getting "No items to display" in custom list view. Can this be resolved?

I have provided very minimal access to a profile and providing all other access through permission sets for a user. In this case, the user is not able to see any records in custom list views.

What access do I need to provide in order to access the records in custom list views using permission sets?
User-added image
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shanmugha,

Greetings!

I don't think we have any permission related to the Listviews on the profile level but you can provide the access while creating the Listview as shown in the below screenshot.

User-added image

You can either select all users or groups in which you need to select the users,groups or roles according to your requirement.

Also,please be informed that the record access doesn't depends on the custom listview.

So,can you please double check if the user's profile has Read access on the Account Object.

In order to check this,you need to go to the profile and click on Object settings and check,if the Account Object has Read access.If not given,then try by providing the Read access if the requirement is to access the records only.But,if you would like to allow the user to create/edit/delete the you will need to provide all the permissions.

Reference:https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=bi_security_salesforce_object_field_levels_control_access.htm&type=5

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Hi Shirisha,

I have given read, create & edit access to Account object through permission set. I can able to see the records as system admin. But, I'm unable to see the records in list view, if I login as the user having the custom profile.
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal

Hi Shanmugha,

You need the View All permission to see the account created by other users. If there is no account record created by the user from which you are logged in than you will no records in the related list. 

Either give the View All permission or create accounts from the logged in user.

Let me know if you need any further help on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.

Hi Abishek,

The user is unable to see his own records in custom list view, Whereas, user able to see the records in 'All Accounts' list view.
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Shanmugha,

Go to the settings for the list view and please provide two screesnhots:
  1. Sharing Settings
  2. Edit List Filters
Once we have these screesnhots we can figure out the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Soumya ParthasarathySoumya Parthasarathy
User-added imageUser-added imageThis is the settings, I cannot see the listview when i login as a specific user
System Admin Account AdminSystem Admin Account Admin
We had the same issue last week (issue was reported 4/25, I was out of the office from 4/25 until 4/28) with a newly created Leads list view. I added a new list view to Leads and managers could see it but not team members, sharing settings for the list view was "All users can see this list view" which is the same setting for 95% of the Lead list views.

When I returned to the office on 4/28 I changed the list view settings to "Share list view with groups of users" and shared it with a Public Group I created for all the users. This allowed the agents and managers to see the Leads in this list view.

While this solved the problem it doesn't explain WHY it happened. Was it a "glitch" or temporary bug? I checked known issues and contacted SF support but didn't have answers for me.

Thanks in advance.
Gwenn