function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Konica Bhateja 9Konica Bhateja 9 

Einstein Forecast with Time Series

Why real data also gets changed in Forecast/Prediction? So for instance if I have a Revenue data for last 5 years month wise and I am trying to check forecast for next 6 months, once Time Series function is used, this new column shows different values in Forecast column for past months as well where there is actual Revenue values already. I just want to understand why the behaviour is like this? 
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Konica,

Einstein Forecasting uses data science and machine learning to predict how much your sales teams will sell at the end of a forecasting period.  Einstein analyzes your team’s past opportunities to create a predictive model. The criteria used in the analysis include the opportunity’s and related account’s record details, history, and related activities. Information about the opportunity’s owner, such as yearly win rates, is also used to calculate the score.

If you have further queries can you please reach out to einstein expert group below.

https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/featuredGroupDetail?id=a1z30000006IDYqAAO#a0L3000000Rq7JHEAZ

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar