function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken Koellner @ EngagewareKen Koellner @ Engageware 

Einstein Activity Capture replicates and shows Outlook Event in Office 365 calendar

I've turned on Einstein Activity Capture in a dev environment and connected to an Outlook 365 mailbox.  When I create an Event in Outlook, I see it twice.  It replicates and there is an Event in SF on under My Calendar.  I also have a Calendar named Microsoft Office 365.  I see it there also.  (The formers shows up in a SOQL query result and the later does not.)

I appears that EAC is both giving me a view into my Office 365 calendar AND replicating Events.  That's rather confusing so I'm wondering if it's working correctly of if maybe something should be turned off.

Perhaps that is corrrect and users to select on one of the two calendars to view and work only off that calendar.  But I want to check and see what is the correct way to use the product.
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ken,

As mentioned in the article: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=aac_guidelines_sync.htm&type=5  can you try checking this point that mentions about duplicate events.

>> If your Salesforce calendar and Google or Microsoft calendars are both visible, you sometimes see duplicate events. To remove the duplicates, hide the Google or Microsoft calendar.

I hope this helps and in case if this comes handy can you please choose this as best answer so that it can be useful for others in the future.

Regards,
Anutej
SaaScend TeamSaaScend Team
Ken,
Did you ever figure out the cause of this? I am experiencing the same issue with meetings that originate in Google being replicated and appearing on my and my invitees calendars, twice. All since turning on Einstein Activity Capture.
Jenni IversenJenni Iversen

Hello, 

In your case, it seems that EAC is functioning correctly by replicating the events from your Outlook 365 calendar into Salesforce. The duplicated event appearing in the "My Calendar" Salesforce calendar is the expected behavior. However, it's worth noting that the events may not appear in the "Microsoft Office 365" calendar in Salesforce because it might be a separate calendar used for different purposes or not supported by the EAC integration.

To use the product effectively, you can choose to work primarily with either the Salesforce calendar or the Office 365 calendar, depending on your preference and business requirements. Both calendars should contain the same synchronized events, but managing and interacting with the events can be done within Salesforce.

If the duplication of events in Salesforce becomes confusing or if you prefer to only work with the Office 365 calendar directly, you may consider turning off the EAC synchronization for the specific user or organization. This can be done through the Salesforce setup menu by navigating to "Setup" > "Einstein Activity Capture" > "Einstein Activity Capture Users" or "Einstein Activity Capture Configuration." https://www.tellhappystar.org/

Best regard,

Jenni