function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SK SGSSK SGS 

Display Account related Opportunities as a picklist values in Opportunity layout

Hi Folks,

I have scenario like Account object has few opportunites on it's related list. When selecting the account in newly created opportunity record or existing opportunity records, need to display all the account related opportunities as a picklist values in one of the custom picklist field(say parent opportunity) of opportunity object. When selecting one of the picklist value(opportunity) as a parent opportunity based on the parent opportunity field values, opportunity field values should be auto populated.
I tried this scenario with automation tools but it won't work. i am new to development. Anyone can suggest or provide code samples how to achieve this scenario. i know it's a complex scenario need to complete this asap as per deadline

Thanks in Advance..
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi ,

Instead of picklist you can use a lookup field and add a filter in that lookup field so that only those opportunities will appear that belons to the same account as selected.
Regarding the auto population, you can use a process builder to map the fields with the parent opportunity.
Let me know if you need any other help or information on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
SK SGSSK SGS
Hi Abhishek Bansal,

I tried with filter conditions but it won't work. can you help on that with one example.

Thanks.

Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi ,

Please see the lookup filter in the screenshot attached below:
User-added image

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
SK SGSSK SGS
Hi Abhishek,

I tried the same filter conditions but it won't work. 

Thanks.