function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matthew Hayes 46Matthew Hayes 46 

Account Name

Hello,

We would like to add text to the end of an account name upon creation or edit.  For example for an account name of "XYZ" entered by user if it is record type of ABC then the account name would be "XYZ (AB)" or something like that.  Is that possible via a process builder?  I am 99% sure it is, but not sure what the formula or what would be needed to append the (AB) to the end of an account upon creation or edit.  
Abhishek BansalAbhishek Bansal
Hi Matthew,

You can create a workflow rule and add a field update. Please find the screenshot below:
Workflow:
User-added image

Field Update:
User-added image

Let me know if you need any other help on this.

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
I want the additional info after the name to be text.  What would that look like

Also in the workflow it needs to be triggered based on a specific record type.
Hi Matthew, 

You can change the formaul for the workflow criteria like this:
AND(
OR(
 ISNEW(),
 ISCHANGED( Name ) 
),
 RecordType.DeveloperName = 'AB'
)
Replace AB with the name of your record type.

I want the additional info after the name to be text. : This is managed in the formula of the field update highlighted with yellow in the screenshot above. The formula is:
Name + ' (' + RecordType.DeveloperName + ')'

If you enter name as Test then this will change it to Test (AB) where AB is the name of your record type.

Let me know if you need more help on this. You can also reach out to me for any immediate assistance:

Thanks,
Abhishek Bansal.
Gmail: abhibansal2790@gmail.com
Phone: +917357512102
Thank you so much!  

One thing, we actually don't want the name to have the Record type name at the end of it.  It will just be text.  For example the Record Type might be ABC, but we only want to display "Too".  Does that make sense?
You ca change the formula to:
Name + ' Too'