function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jonathan OtisJonathan Otis 

Flow Builder: Values from Lightning Components suddenly incompatible data types

Hi all,

I have a number of Flows that are suddenly mishandling data from Lightning components in my Winter '21 sandbox.  These flows are working fine in Production under Summer '20.  I haven't changed anything configuration-wise that I'm aware of, and I haven't made any changes to the components themselves.

In particular, I have some custom Lightning Components that implement lightning:availableForFlowActions and force:hasRecordId.  In the sandbox, Flow is no longer treating the RecordId input value as a String (pictured below).

Additionally, in Flows where I've used the standard Phone and Email screen components, the value parameter from those components is no longer being accepted by Phone and Email fields.

Summer '20:
User-added image
Winter '21:
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Jonathan Otis
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jonathan,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to reach out to the Salesforce.com Support team by creating the case and this can be supported since it is release related issue.

Also,please keep handy the Summer'20 and Winter'21 release orgs with the replication steps to investigate further on this to confirm,if there is any change has been made.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jonathan,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to reach out to the Salesforce.com Support team by creating the case and this can be supported since it is release related issue.

Also,please keep handy the Summer'20 and Winter'21 release orgs with the replication steps to investigate further on this to confirm,if there is any change has been made.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
Jonathan OtisJonathan Otis
Thank you Shirisha!  The problem seems to have resolved itself as of this morning, without any action on my part.