function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Junjie Sun 1Junjie Sun 1 

Composite Graph limitations

Hello all,

I would like to discuss a situation I encountered when I am trying to use the Composite API and the Composite Graph to build an integration from a middleware built in Java towards a Salesforce REST API:

We are trying to create a request that implies the following operations:
- 1 Account Upsert
- 1 Individual Upsert
- N ContactPoint Upsert

If I try to build the request with Composite API I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 23 ContactPoint in the same Composite API due the 25 sub request limitation.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_composite.htm

If I try to build the request with Composite Graph I will encounter a problem if I am trying to upsert more than 13 Contact Point in the same Composite Grapth due the 'limit of number of types of operations in a Graph call reached'.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_rest.meta/api_rest/resources_composite_graph_limits.htm

"compositeRequest": [{
            "method": "PATCH",
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Account/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertAccount",
            "body": {
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/Individual/id",
            "referenceId": "updateIndividual",
            }
        }, {
            "url": "/services/data/v{{version}}/sobjects/ContactPointEmail/MDP_fld_extId__c/extId",
            "referenceId": "upsertContactPoint1",

}
        }, {
             n upsertContactPoint
        }
    ]
    }

I don't know if this is how it should work and the way the Composite Graph nodes are counted. If counts each request for a record as 1, then I don't know why it allows 500 subrequests per Graph as I seems a bigger limitation than the original Composite.

If anyone could help me with this I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Junjie.
Janardhana Devegowda 25Janardhana Devegowda 25
I have experienced the same, and learned that, Composite graph APIs doesn't allow more than 15 Operations/Subrequests in one payload.
Wonder, if Composite Graphs are better than original Composite APIs.

Regards
Jana
Pratik KhairnarPratik Khairnar
Hi THerer
madhav sharma 1madhav sharma 1
Everything You Need to Know About Vacation Rental Services

The trend of staying in vacation rentals sounds like 21st century behavior - but like a lot of things, the truth is, it's not necessarily more common these days. It’s much easier thanks to the Internet.
For example, Eric Anderson, a serial entrepreneur from New York, used to find rentals in the classifieds of the New York Review of Books, which is about as pre-Internet as it gets.
"We hate hotels and have been staying in apartments - assuming a friend's sofa wasn't available - for years," he said. “Every trip to Paris over the past 25 years has meant finding a niche - first through the New York Review of Books classifieds, and now online.”
We have great resources on why (Vacation Rentals: For You?) And Where (Find Vacation Rental) to book vacation rentals. Together, these articles outline some of the reasons you might want to find a vacation home and how to go about it. It's critical to remember that you're not paying for a global chain hotel room with established policies, more or less consistent quality control, and another room down the hall if your own room is messed up.
Instead, you're going to rent a house from a private individual, with all the personal quirks and potential conflicts that could come with it. Even if you go through an agency, at the end of the day, the owner's expectations and inclinations are just as important as yours, and you want to be aware of this fact from the start.
So what happens when you get there, put the combo on the chest and walk through the door? Over the years, I have stayed in vacation rentals in Seattle and Whidbey Island, WA; San Diego, California; Margate, NJ; Cinque Terre; Mexico; London and Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom; Alaska and more - and in almost everyone, I have found little differences and peccadilloes that you would never encounter in any Marriott chain hotel, for example. One owner demanded that the dishes be done a certain way, while another recommended space the showers at least 15 minutes apart if we wanted hot water. And these are just the ones I have chosen; I saw all kinds of weird features and restrictions while searching for places to stay in Manzanita Oregon (https://www.vacationrentalsmanzanita.com/post/best-places-to-stay-in-manzanita-oregon" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline).
Since I have found something a little different in each place we have stayed, I knew I couldn't know all the possible tips and trials of a vacation rental. To that end, I conducted an informal survey of my vast network of die-hard traveler friends that revealed some things to consider before sending a security deposit. With the lack of some of the amenities manzanita hotels (https://www.vacationrentalsmanzanita.com/post/best-places-to-stay-in-manzanita-oregon" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline) can offer (on-site restaurants and small convenience stores, room service, a stock of toiletries behind the front desk, and even shuttles to airports and attractions), you'll want to familiarize yourself with the following issues and questions when choosing a vacation rental. Read on for essential tips for renting a vacation home.

Be Not Afraid
Before I start, and lest the following scare anyone off a vacation rental, I should say that under the right conditions, a vacation rental can offer an experience like no other. Very few hotels offer doorstep access to tide pools, a garage full of bikes, an unobstructed view of both the Cascade and Olympic Mountains, a direct view of a major sporting event in manzanita lodging (https://www.vacationrentalsmanzanita.com/post/best-places-to-stay-in-manzanita-oregon" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline), or a surf break out front — but I have enjoyed all of these at vacation rentals, including some on work trips! The buildings and the owners themselves can be special, even extraordinary. Ex-pat Dan McLaughlin tells of a superb experience in Florence: “The fact that the apartment was in a 15th-century building … went a long way with the cool factor.”
And you never know what kind of surprise for places to stay in manzanita or (https://www.vacationrentalsmanzanita.com/post/best-places-to-stay-in-manzanita-oregon" style="color:#0563c1; text-decoration:underline) you might encounter that might never happen in a hotel. At a house on Whidbey Island in Washington, we stayed immediately next door to the home of the seventh-grade English teacher of one of our best friends back in New Jersey. The chances of that kind of “small world” encounter go way up when you ditch the Holiday Inn and go stay in folks’ homes.