function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
elixir86elixir86 

As of now what are the advantages & disadvantages of lightning over the classic? I know a lot of online links that have details any description with words, not redirecting to online-links is much appreciated!

Team,

As of now what are the advantages & disadvantages of lightning over the classic? I know a lot of online links that have details any description with words, not redirecting to online-links is much appreciated!
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
The Lightning framework is fast and secure. It provides many other tools to help developers. For example, the Salesforce Lightning Design System is a complete styling library so developers don’t have to write their own HTML or CSS. Lightning Data Service consolidates data access code in reusable components, eliminating the need to write controller code. Reduced complexity means that developers can code faster and spend less time on performance and quality testing. Also, lightning is more secure with locker service and lightning components are better than visualforce because they are client-centric. With lightning, you will have efficient navigation and the ability to switch between custom-branded app

You will have new record layouts that focus on what you can do instead of what you can view. turbocharged list views that let you easily filter and visualize your data, Quick access to productivity tools like Notes and Recent Items in the utility bar, beautiful dashboards with components that span both columns and rows, sleek report views that you can filter quickly to see the data that's most important to you

There are some disadvantages as well and gaps because few features aren’t available in the new interface. These lists are updated each release. However, If your users need features that aren’t in Lightning Experience, they can switch to Salesforce Classic and keep working.

There is a higher learning curve compared to Visualforce, higher complexity than Visualforce

Let me know if this helps

Thanks, 
Anudeep