function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rob BiggsRob Biggs 

Screen flow cannot be edited starting yesterday

I have been working on a screen flow that around 10AM on Oct5 I noticed I could no longer load the flow in designer. A previous version could be loaded, so I did and made the same update... And the new update could also not be opened in designer. 

I then copied the previous version to a new flow, made extensive changes to its structure, saved... and the new flow cannot be opened in designer. 

Other flows can be opened. 

So I made a duplicate of the new flow through intelliJ, deployed it and... it cant be opened. 
There was nothing fancy or strange about the changes made, and all the flow does is update some fields on a record. 

The error in every case is in the sceenshot below, it just hangs there forever. User-added imageIt is hard to read so the text of the error is:

This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it.
[Error]
Failing descriptor: {markup://builder_platform_interaction:flcConversionUtils}

This happens in chrome both regular and incognito, in firefox both in regular and private, and in safari. 

I do not know what the interaction its referencing is doing, the flow does not use anything external & does not do any kind of conversion. 

I am at my witts end here. Salesforce support bounced me to the forums claiming its a developer issue and not a platform issue. 
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks
Rob

Best Answer chosen by Rob Biggs
Rob BiggsRob Biggs
A salesforce rep has confirmed that the builder has a defect where if you are using the auto-layout feature it can make the flow impossible to load. The work around was to edit the metadata for the flow and change the CanvasMode string to FREE_FORM_CANVAS
A fix for the designer is apparently still being developed but this will make the flow editable again.

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rob,

Greetings!

If you are not able to open the particular flow then the issue is with the components that you have used in the flow.Also,if you are able to open the flow in any other org then I would suggest you to double check,if both are on the same release.

In order to troubleshoot/narrow down the issue then you will need to remove the components one by one and see,if you are able to open the flow in another org.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Rob BiggsRob Biggs

Thank you Shirisha but that is unlikely as a cause (per salesforce) and impossible as a fix (since the flow cannot even be opened). I finally got Salesforce support to look into it and they confirmed they are having platofrm issues reported by multiple sources on flow designer & are investigating it on their side. 

If anyone else is having a problem getting flow designer to operate, be sure to put in a support ticket & be very clear that you are not looking for help with the particulars of a flow.

Rob BiggsRob Biggs
A salesforce rep has confirmed that the builder has a defect where if you are using the auto-layout feature it can make the flow impossible to load. The work around was to edit the metadata for the flow and change the CanvasMode string to FREE_FORM_CANVAS
A fix for the designer is apparently still being developed but this will make the flow editable again.
This was selected as the best answer
Eric JJ van HorssenEric JJ van Horssen
Thank you very much for describing the solution, I just run into the same issue!