function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dnash Bdnash B 

Maintain profile with git in org base development

Hi Friends, 
My project is based on org base development and we are looking for a way to maintain huge profile files using GIT. As you know, If profile have specific metadata type, then when we merge to higher branch the exsiting data relate to same profile file in the higher branch will be over written and new changes will be reflected. In this case, the only way to move around from this issue is, get full profile metaadata types along with all metadata of those types and store it in bitbucket. So that when we pull from branch and push back comlete profile will be reflected and we can use same branch for deployment as well. I'm not sure we have any other way to resolve this issue. definitely scratch org is not a solution for my project. So we should try get rid of this issue using our current org base developmen model only. 

On top of this, I doesnt know how to find and retrieve all the metadata types of profiles from my prod org and not sure whether any free third party plugin or tools give hands to support me for this case. If you guys have any opinon or suggestions around this problem. Pls share it. 

thanks in advance
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/242629/how-to-get-all-metadata-into-git-and-what-will-the-optimal-release-flow-using-sa

Try it for your requirement.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
dnash Bdnash B
Nice buddy, let me try it out and come back
dnash Bdnash B
@abhishek - Do you think, by using this plugin I can retrieve all metadata types like apexclass, custom field etc whichever linked to profiles. So that I come to know complete metadata types of my profile and use same with my package.xml file and retrieve all metadata releate to my metadata ypes of my profile from org and store in git repo as complete profile. I hope you will get my goal and suggest 
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Yes, But I would suggest you try first in the sandbox for safety.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.