function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Li LeeLi Lee 

SLDS Style lost in IE -11 under Winter 21

Hi all, 

After upgrade to Winter 21, I found Lightning Design System show weird in IE-11. Please see follow image.

User-added imageAnd this is my code.

<apex:page sidebar="false" lightningStylesheets="true" showHeader="false" docType="html-5.0">
    <apex:slds></apex:slds>
    <button class="slds-button">Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_neutral">Neutral Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_brand">Brand Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_outline-brand">Outline Brand Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_destructive">Destructive Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_text-destructive">Text Destructive Button</button>
    <button class="slds-button slds-button_success">Success Button</button>    
</apex:page>
You can see all SLDS style not work.

I check Winter 21 Release Note and I found "Customize Components with Lightning Design System Styling Hooks (Beta)" update in Lightning Design System. Here is the Link: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/winter21/release-notes/rn_slds_styling_hooks.htm

In this document I found follow content:

Styling hooks make it easy to customize component styling and express your brand, especially when working with web components and shadow DOM. For a list of component blueprints that support styling hooks, see the Lightning Design System website.

As far as I know IE-11 not support this feature, please see this link: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/var

And I try open Lightning Design System's Button component page in IE-11, but I got a blank area.

User-added image
I also found some error in Browser's console. But I don't know if it related to this case.

User-added image
Since this is a beta function may I ask how to disabled it? Or if this is a knowing issue in Salesforce? 

Best wishes,

Lee

Best Answer chosen by Li Lee
Li LeeLi Lee
Hi, 

I downloaded old version of SLDS css and inscript it in IE-11 Browser and this issue fixed.

All Answers

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Lee,

Can you confirm if this issue is occurring only in IE or is it appearing in new edge and chrome?

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Anutej
Li LeeLi Lee

Hi ANUTEJ,

I test both Chrome and New Edge this morning. Looks fine for me. I sure this issue occurring only in IE.

Best wishes,

Lee

Li LeeLi Lee
Hi, 

I downloaded old version of SLDS css and inscript it in IE-11 Browser and this issue fixed.
This was selected as the best answer