function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
edukondalu thodetiedukondalu thodeti 

create a contact records and share a contact record with another user where mailing city=hyderabad

Hi
pls help me
i am new and learning the salesforce and taking some real time works for my parctice
for these task i created a public group and OWD of contact set to private and created a contact sharing rule based on  criteria where mailing city contains hyderabad.
but the records was not shared to another user when record is created based on the criteria i didn't know what mistake i had done in these
vishal-negandhivishal-negandhi

Hi, 

What you've done is correct.
Check the following - 
Did you add the other user to this public group? 
Does the other user have correct permissions on their profile for Contact object? (at least Read)

Hi
i already added the other user to public group and contact permissions of that other user profile given to Read.
but also i didn't got the record when created based on the criteria.
Can you please share screenshot of your contact record and contact sharing rule?
Hi
sorry to say these i didn't select account name in the contact thats why the contact record was not shared.when i select the account name the contact records hasbeen shared.
one more information i need i want to share record manually to another user but the sharing botton was not there in the lightning experience how to do these manual share in lightning experience

Share button is currently not available in Lightning, you need to go to Classic. 

See the help documentation here - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000232756&type=1&mode=1

Hope this clarifies.