function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
degmodegmo 

Custom profile missing

Hi,
I am working with a client on an issue where a few custom profiles are missing from the UI.  When I run the following query via the developer console's query editor, I see the missing profiles listed.  
select id, name from profile
I also am able to view the profiles from workbench.  It's just odd that they are missing from the Salesforce UI and I made sure there are no filters in the view.  I also went to an APEX class and see if I can add the missing profiles to the class, but they are not listed in the available list of profile.  I tried in both classic and lightning views and I also tried in incognito window.  Any ideas?  

Best Answer chosen by degmo
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Degmo,

Greetings!

This seems weird as the admin should be able to see all the custom and Standard profiles.I would suggest you to query the profile with the name of the custom profile which you will not be able to find and use the record Id to access the profile record as below:

select id, name from profile where Name='Custom Profile'

which returns the profile Id and use the Id in the url to access the profile something like below:

https://my domain.salesforce.com/00e0o000002K886

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri