function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sunil2018sunil2018 

Existing process builder update

Hi
I upated an existing process builer process ( e.g ABC process)  in sandbox . Then I exported it in VS code and it has following details
Directory = Flows
Process builder name: ABC.flow-meta.xml
File type = XML
extension = XML.

I created a new project  and cloned a repositiory in VS code .I  found this exiting ABC process  had following file details.

Directory = unpackagedSrc\Flows
Process builder name: ABC.flow
File type = flow
extension = flow

Question: 1) I need to export my updated prcess builder process in VS code with flow file type and extention. Kindly suggest what SFDX command or steps I need to follow to get it.

2) will this process builder export override the existing cloned ABC Process builder process?

3) how can I update this existing cloned ABC Process builder process with my updated sanbox ABC process builder. Kindly provide your inputs and SFDX commands required for it.

4) I am not sure why file  ABC process extension are different in above when exported from sandbox and repository.

Best Answer chosen by sunil2018
Antonio JefcoatAntonio Jefcoat
According to Salesforce the general workflow for the source-based paradigm is to:
  1. Push the source and metadata to a scratch org.
  2. Pull any changes you make in the scratch org back to your local project.
  3. Sync this project with your VCS repo.
So we will create a new Scratch Organization: right click on your DevHub in the 'Organizations Manager' panel and select the 'Create Scratch organization' item to start the wizard.

The simplest way to create a Scratch org will take less than 30 seconds, to do this:
Enter an alias for your org - 'GeoAppScratch'.
Set the checkbox to make the Scratch org the default one.
Instead of configuring the Scratch org manually, select the 'Use from project' option to use 'project-scratch-def.json' configuration from one of your opened projects.
Select the 'geolocation' project.
Press Next.
As a result, the IDE will call the Salesforce DX CLI to create the org and it will appear in the Organizations manager  https://krogerfeedback.bid/

All Answers

Antonio JefcoatAntonio Jefcoat
According to Salesforce the general workflow for the source-based paradigm is to:
  1. Push the source and metadata to a scratch org.
  2. Pull any changes you make in the scratch org back to your local project.
  3. Sync this project with your VCS repo.
So we will create a new Scratch Organization: right click on your DevHub in the 'Organizations Manager' panel and select the 'Create Scratch organization' item to start the wizard.

The simplest way to create a Scratch org will take less than 30 seconds, to do this:
Enter an alias for your org - 'GeoAppScratch'.
Set the checkbox to make the Scratch org the default one.
Instead of configuring the Scratch org manually, select the 'Use from project' option to use 'project-scratch-def.json' configuration from one of your opened projects.
Select the 'geolocation' project.
Press Next.
As a result, the IDE will call the Salesforce DX CLI to create the org and it will appear in the Organizations manager  https://krogerfeedback.bid/
This was selected as the best answer
sunil2018sunil2018
Thank you Antonio