function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KPJSKPJS 

Need a custom edit and save button

Hi: 
I would love a simple visualforce solution to ultimately create a custom button for sales to click to "recalculate" a value, which is really just updating the page again. The object is quote line items. We have so much going on in calculations that it takes another edit/save to finish them all. A button would be awesome.

Thanks!

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi KPJS,

So as per my understanding is it that you want to open a window on click of the recalculate button where you can update the values and save so that the values are recalculated and reflected on the record, is that the case?

if so I would suggest you try checking once LDS as this could be helpful in your scenario.

for related details you can check this link: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.lightning.meta/lightning/data_service_save_record.htm

Looking forward to your response, in case if this comes in handy can you please choose this as best answer so that it can be useful to others in the future.

Regards,
Anutej
KPJSKPJS
Thankyou, Anutej. I just need a button that simulates an edit/save action without the user having to edit or save themselves. This is for Quote Line Items so no Lightning Action is available. I am not a developer so the solution you suggested might work, I just don't know how I would create it. A Visualforce page?