function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jayesh Babu A VJayesh Babu A V 

How to click on upper left menus een if a modal dialog is opened?

I want to open modal dialog box in inside the <aura:component>. I followed this (https://sfdcmonkey.com/2017/04/15/modal-box-lightning-component-salesforce/) tutorial to achieve this. The dialog box is opening fine. But, when the dialog box is opened, I cannot click on any of the upper left menu items, I mean, these menus: User-added imageI fine with being not able to click anything inside the <aura:component>. But, is there any way to open the dialog box in such a way that I can click the menu items?
Best Answer chosen by Jayesh Babu A V
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jayesh,

As per my understanding is it that you want to make the above menu items interactable after creating an alert? if that is the case then I think by default the alert appears over all the other components and I don't think we can change the behaviour.

You can create a new idea that you can be upvoted so that it may be considered in the future if it reaches the necessary threshold of upvotes.

Let me know if this helps and in case if this comes in handy can you please choose this as best answer so that it can be considered in the future.

Thanks.

All Answers

Hi Jayesh,

As per my understanding is it that you want to make the above menu items interactable after creating an alert? if that is the case then I think by default the alert appears over all the other components and I don't think we can change the behaviour.

You can create a new idea that you can be upvoted so that it may be considered in the future if it reaches the necessary threshold of upvotes.

Let me know if this helps and in case if this comes in handy can you please choose this as best answer so that it can be considered in the future.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
Jayesh Babu A VJayesh Babu A V
Thnnks for ur answer. What do u mean by 'create a new idea'? How can i do that?
The link for idea exchange is : https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaSearch 

Login using credentials and there is a button in the above link called post idea that you can use to create a new idea.