function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carol WalgenwittCarol Walgenwitt 

I am learning Salesforce through an online course - I have some questions can I ask them here?

Good morning, Thank you for your quick response. I apologize for the delay in responding.  Here is my situation. My company's IT Department is using Salesforce. The IT Director informed me to learn Salesforce development. I am learning so I can either transfer to IT in current company or use it some place else.  I found a course online Complete Salesforce Platform Developer 1. I hit a road block when trying to create objects. I sent the instructor a message through the course link. He has only responded to my of my questions. I googled other Salesforce forums/communities and found this one.  I would like to know which area of Salesforce I can post my question to and you mentioned salesforce trailhead modules. Can you please explain what this is?  Thank you and I greatly appreciate all your time and help. Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Trailhead is a learning experience platform—a library of educational content that you can access whenever you like. Trailhead is designed around what users need to learn, rather than around what a training department needs to teach. You can choose from various topics to learn new skills at your own pace.

And there are many trails - A trail is an ordered group of modules, projects, or both that provides a guided learning path to learning a new skill, product, or role.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/home.

And it's completely free.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
God afternoon, Thank you for the quick response and information. You mentioned that  "Trailhead is designed around what users need to learn, rather than around what a training department needs to teach." I want to learn Salesforce development side. So trailhead would not be the correct method for me to learn. Is this correct? Thank you for your time and help. Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
Carol from the trailhead you will learn everything including Development.

Please check it first and try the development modules, No one can guide if you don't check it.

Abhishek,Thank you. I understand. Can you send me the link to trailhead or where do I go to view it. Thank you again for your help. Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/home

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.
Hi Abhishek, Thank you for the link. I do have another question. The course I am currently taking on line is Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1 - the course has all the materials that are required to take the 60 question exam at the end which is has a registration fee of $200 that I will need to pay for on my own Does trailhead also have the same or similar exam?  Thank you again for all your help and time. Very much appreciated!  Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
No for the certification exam you have to pay the fee it's mandatory.
Good evening Abhishek, I understand for the certification exam I need to the pay $200 fee. The course I was taking online covers all the material that I need to know to take the exam. I want to know if I followed/ decided to learn with trailhead instead of continuing with my course would I learn the material that is required to take the certification exam? Thank you for your help. Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
Good evening Abhishek, I sent you another question to this response on Monday but I have not received anymore responses to it. The online course I am taking has all the materials to learn Salesforce to take the $200 certification. I am having issues getting in contact with the instructor for questions I have which is the reason I waslooking for another forum/community to help me learn Salesforce I would greatly appreciate to know if trailhead has everything I need to learn to take the $200 certification so I can begin my learning with trailhead. Thank you for your time and help! Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com
Carol,

Please post all your questions at a time, Otherwise raise a new question with every query.

For all the Certification and Trailhead issues or Guidance please report it here,

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/help?support=home

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/help

I hope you understood.

Good evening Abhishek, Thank you so much for the two links. I understand.  Thank you again for all your help. Carol Ann Walgenwitt carolannwalgen@aol.com