function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hermann OuréHermann Ouré 

Aura component to display field value on related object

Hello,
I have created an aura component to be able to display the value of an account field (Tip To Smarties) on the related Case.
User-added imageBut the value of the field do not display when I put the component on the case page. It does work when I put the component on the Account page but that's not what I am looking for.

How can I display the value when putting the aura component on the Case page?
Thanks

aura component:
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" >

<aura:attribute name="recordId" type="Id"/>

<lightning:recordViewForm recordId="{!v.recordId}" objectApiName="Account">
        <div class="slds-box slds-theme_default">
            <lightning:outputField fieldName="Tip_To_Smarties__c" />
        </div>
    </lightning:recordViewForm>

</aura:component>

Best Answer chosen by Hermann Ouré
Hermann OuréHermann Ouré
Hello,
I actually found the answer to my question.
Thanks
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForRecordHome,force:hasRecordId" access="global" >

<aura:attribute name="record" type="Object" description="The record object to be displayed"/>
	<aura:attribute name="simpleRecord" type="Object" description="A simplified view record object to be displayed"/>
	<aura:attribute name="recordError" type="String" description="An error message bound to force:recordData"/>

<force:recordData aura:id="record" layoutType="FULL"
        recordId="{!v.recordId}"
        targetError="{!v.recordError}"
        targetRecord="{!v.record}"
        targetFields ="{!v.simpleRecord}"
        mode="VIEW"/>

<lightning:recordViewForm recordId="{!v.simpleRecord.AccountId}" objectApiName="Account">
            <lightning:outputField fieldName="Client_Specific_Request__c" />
        </div>

All Answers

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Hermann,

If the use case is to simply show the field tip to smarties that is present on account record on the case records then I would suggest another way i.e., to have a formula field that fetches this particular field and shows it on the case record.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.
RituSharmaRituSharma
When you put the component on the case page, recordId will have id of the case and not of the account. Tip_To_Smarties__c field is on Account and not on case so either traverse the relationship.or create a formula field on case and use that.
Hermann OuréHermann Ouré
Hello,
I actually found the answer to my question.
Thanks

<aura:attribute name="record" type="Object" description="The record object to be displayed"/>
	<aura:attribute name="simpleRecord" type="Object" description="A simplified view record object to be displayed"/>
	<aura:attribute name="recordError" type="String" description="An error message bound to force:recordData"/>

<force:recordData aura:id="record" layoutType="FULL"
        recordId="{!v.recordId}"
        targetError="{!v.recordError}"
        targetRecord="{!v.record}"
        targetFields ="{!v.simpleRecord}"
        mode="VIEW"/>

<lightning:recordViewForm recordId="{!v.simpleRecord.AccountId}" objectApiName="Account">
            <lightning:outputField fieldName="Client_Specific_Request__c" />
        </div>

This was selected as the best answer
Tamilselvan chinnasamyTamilselvan chinnasamy
@
Hermann Ouré
How to display the same field as dynamic button ?