function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Claire Sunderland 1Claire Sunderland 1 

Flow not working as expected

I've built a flow on Opportunities to date stamp a date field every time the stage updates so we can more easily report on time in each stage without using stage history reporting.

I want the date field to stamp only the first time the Opportunity moved to this stage, not to update it it happens to go to a stage multiple times.

Even though in the 'Get Records' component I'm only requesting records that have a null date. When it moves to assign the value it's overwriting date fields so it's populating on Opportunities where the date field is not null.

This is the first flow I've written so any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Below is the flow components:
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Claire Sunderland 1
Thank you!

I was able to get this resolved by removing the get and assign records components and specifying the criteria in the update records component instead of the get records component

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Claire,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to debug the flow by passing the test Opportunity record to narrow down the flow to troubleshoot further.

Reference:https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=flow_test_debug.htm

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Thank you!

I was able to get this resolved by removing the get and assign records components and specifying the criteria in the update records component instead of the get records component
This was selected as the best answer