function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Indu Prasad 26Indu Prasad 26 

ContentNote sharing to groups is not working

I have the Notes feature enabled in my lightning experience org. However, I am not able to share a particular note with public groups. I have 15+ groups in my org, but on clicking 'Share', I am unable to see any groups listed below for sharing.
I have a requirement here users will create notes and need to share it with certain groups only for viewing. Theyw want to use the standard Notes feature to do this too.
Please help!

No groups displaying in the drop down
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
Looks like this is a limitation . See the idea- https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000E2a6QAC

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
Mark Barcham 9Mark Barcham 9
Seems a lot of people when faced with this question respond with that idea from idea exchange.  However, it doesn't really answer the question - namely, why Public Groups don't show when selecting Groups in the sharing of Notes.
The answer (from what I can gather) is that you can only share to Chatter Groups, not Public Groups.  That may be related to the issue in the idea exchange, even though it isn't explicit in that description.  With any luck, the delivery of that suggestion may allow sharing to Public Groups in the future.  At least, I hope so!
Sakshi Nawab 11Sakshi Nawab 11
Yes, you are totally right @Mark Barcham 9.
Out of these many blogs on Content Note on internet everywhere, no body has mentioned about this fact of chatter groups.
So yes we can only share notes with chatter groups not with public groups.
Peter Gutmann 22Peter Gutmann 22
I'm checking whether Accounts Teams will allow that level of sharing. Answer will probably depend on your use case.