function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Filip Poverud 1-9Filip Poverud 1-9 

ProcessTransition Start

I'm trying to figure out where a field is used and one of the places is referred to as: ProcessTransition Start.

I'm unable to find out where in SalesForce this is.
Any ideas of how I can figure this out ?

So far I can Exclude: APEX, Process Buider, Flows.
Best Answer chosen by Filip Poverud 1-9
Andy HeidrichAndy Heidrich

Hey for anybody stumbling on this and wondering, a field being used in ProcessTransition means it's part of an Approval Process.  You can find out which process(es) by doing the following:

- Pull down metadata for all Approval Processes in your org into IDE

- Global search within IDE for the API Name of the field you're looking for.

- You should find it in one or more Approval Processes - either by the step name, or if the Reference Label is "Start," I'm guessing you will find it in the entry criteria formula.

FYI, all of the "Process" objects (e.g. ProcessNode, ProcessInstance, etc.) generally all have to do with Approval Processes.

All Answers

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Try checking using Where is this used button

John Nguyen 79John Nguyen 79
I actually have the same question. the "Where is this Used" dcoumentation does not indicate to what the ProcessTransition refers:

User-added image
Andy HeidrichAndy Heidrich

Hey for anybody stumbling on this and wondering, a field being used in ProcessTransition means it's part of an Approval Process.  You can find out which process(es) by doing the following:

- Pull down metadata for all Approval Processes in your org into IDE

- Global search within IDE for the API Name of the field you're looking for.

- You should find it in one or more Approval Processes - either by the step name, or if the Reference Label is "Start," I'm guessing you will find it in the entry criteria formula.

FYI, all of the "Process" objects (e.g. ProcessNode, ProcessInstance, etc.) generally all have to do with Approval Processes.

This was selected as the best answer