function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DanishDanish 

Lightning URL list button redirecting to classic and giving error "URL no longer Supported"

We have created a Lightning URL list button and added it to a related list in One Layout.

But, after the Winter-21 updates, we started to receive an issue.

So when we try to click on it, we are getting redirected to Classic version and giving error saying "URL No Longer Supported". This is an intermittent issue.

Can someone help me to fix this issue

Daniel AhlDaniel Ahl

Hello Danish, what does the url look like?

DanishDanish

Hi Daniel

this is my Button URL
/lightning/o/Alert__c/new?count=1&nooverride=1&useRecordTypeCheck=1&navigationLocation=RELATED_LIST&recordTypeId=01234****************&defaultFieldValues=Installed_Product__c={!SVMXC__Installed_Product__c.Id}

and it redirects to classic with below URL, leading to error

/lightning/o/Alert__c/new?count=1&nooverride=1&useRecordTypeCheck=1&navigationLocation=RELATED_LIST&recordTypeId=01234****************&defaultFieldValues=Installed_Product__c={!SVMXC__Installed_Product__c.Id}

User-added image

Daniel AhlDaniel Ahl

Hello again!

Strange behaviour, I've created same kind of button, but for Contract and another custom object - Both working as intended.
Have you tried the button without the defaultFieldValues or is that giving the same error?
Have you tried removing the button and adding it agan?

Also, have you gone through the Setup -> Release Updates if there are something there that is overdue?

DanishDanish

Hi Daniel

We have created 4 buttons for 4 objects, out of which we are facing issue related to only one button and that too on random basis.
So, it's like, we cannot recreate the scenario at will.
But when this issue occurs, it stays there for around 5-10 mins until we logout and login again.

Yes, we did try removing the default values and even on that case it gave a random behaviour of giving error.
We have also updated the orgs to the latest updates.

Just one thing which we have noticed is that, this issue started when we upgraded our orgs to WINTER-21 updates.
We did raise a case with Salesforce for this, but haven't received any positive response, which can help us to resolve this issue

Daniel AhlDaniel Ahl

Hi Danish,
I'm sorry to hear that, and that I can't be of more help than this.

Hope they can resolve this for you!

DanishDanish

Hi,
it appears, as if it was just a deployment mistake from our side.
while deploying it to some orgs, the URL deployed was

lightning/o/Alert__c/new?count=1&nooverride=1&useRecordTypeCheck=1&navigationLocation=RELATED_LIST&recordTypeId=01234****************&defaultFieldValues=Installed_Product__c={!SVMXC__Installed_Product__c.Id}

we missed the initial ''/" at the start of the URL.
When we replaced it with the correct URL, the issue got resolved