function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Henry SabiaHenry Sabia 

Create default note when task is created.

I am trying to create a Flow that adds a Note entry to an activity of a certain record type.  I thought I had this pointed to the right parent ID, but even though I see what I expect in the error, it will not save.

We can't save this record because the “Dev Notes” process failed. Give your Salesforce admin these details. This error occurred when the flow tried to create records: FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION: Parent ID: id value of incorrect type: 00T1J00004CQhV5UAL. You can look up ExceptionCode values in the SOAP API Developer Guide. Error ID: 972685901-36874 (-1691690686)

User-added image

Can we not append a Note to a Task using flow?
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Henry,

I have tried the below code instead of flow and getting the same error.
Note n = new Note(ParentId = '00T0K00003QIhlj', Title='Activity Note',Body = 'Test');
Insert n;

So, I think we don't have the option to use standard notes function under Activity.

And i have done some analysis and got below points:

1. In Task we can add the Notes Related list as like other objects. But if you are creating the new note by using this options it's creating the entry in Content Document not in Standard Notes object. So you have to create the Content Document for Activity objects instead of Note then it will comes under the notes relatedlist in Task.
https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000BpSfAAK

2. Instead of the above things you can also use the Statndard Comments as Notes for you Task Object or create seperate custom field.
https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000gz6NAAQ

Thanks,
Maharajan.C
Henry SabiaHenry Sabia
I will give this a try. If we could have rich text fields on tasks this would be unnecessary.
Henry SabiaHenry Sabia
I tried what you suggested and modifed the create record item.
User-added image

But it doesn't seem to fire.  I have it set to identify a specific record typeid, but I also tried to make it very generic.  I don't get an error now, but I don't think it triggers as it should.

User-added image

I can't tell if the trigger is bad or if the create is bad at this point.  Thanks