function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MC34MC34 

November retirement digest - updating api version.

Hi Guys, 

Quite new to this and haven't done this before. Can somebody guide me how to update the API versions? 

As Salesforce announced the retirement for API versions. 
User-added imageI see few APIS in my org that are versioned 29-30 that will be bound to retire. How do I update that to the latest? 

Thank you. 
MC34
Best Answer chosen by MC34
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
The API versions that were included in the article would be retired and will no longer be supported by Salesforce so you'll be needing to upgrade the current apex classes to version 31 and above. The version settings are what aligns the Apex Class/Triggers to the API calls and ensure that all syntax is compatible. The majority of the impact will be on external applications such as:

- External systems using APIs
- Integrations
- API based applications

This was all included in the help article that is attached to your case: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000354473&type=1&mode=1&language=en_US&utm_source=techcomms&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eol

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.

All Answers

The API versions that were included in the article would be retired and will no longer be supported by Salesforce so you'll be needing to upgrade the current apex classes to version 31 and above. The version settings are what aligns the Apex Class/Triggers to the API calls and ensure that all syntax is compatible. The majority of the impact will be on external applications such as:

- External systems using APIs
- Integrations
- API based applications

This was all included in the help article that is attached to your case: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000354473&type=1&mode=1&language=en_US&utm_source=techcomms&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eol

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
MC34MC34
Hi Abhishek the link and document in the email talks about "How to know" what is the version we are using not about "How to upgrade it". Can you shed some light on "How" Part? 
It has everything you needed.

What action do I need to take? 

How do I know if impacted versions of the Legacy APIs are used in my applications?

If you still didn't get it, then you have to reach salesforce support or need developer assistance.
MC34MC34
Got it thanks!
Sfdc learner1Sfdc learner1

Hi MC34,
Could you please help me in this as i'm very new to this issue (APIS in my org that are versioned 29-30 that will be bound to retire. How do I update that to the latest? )