function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda 

How to notify admins about user license expiry

Hi All
Is there anyway to get notified about the user license expiration(salesforce,salesforce platform..) through email?

There is object 'UserLicense', but it doesnot have any details on expiration date to use it in workflow or process builder.

Would someone please suggest a way to get notified.
Thanks in advance
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
In every Org, we will have to set up this functionality. For this create a workflow rule that automatically emails the admin/dev before the license expires.

To do this, create an email template for the notification. Then, create a workflow rule with a filter that specifies a time period (for example, month) before the Expiration date. Finally, associate the workflow rule with a workflow alert that sends an email to the appropriate team member or sales representative. You should configure the rule so that your sales representative and the customer have sufficient time to explore contract renewal options before the license expires. It is also a good idea to send emails to customers warning them of license expiration.

Using the LMA, you can keep track of how many customers have installed a package and which version of the package they currently use. You can also use it to manage the leads associated with the licenses.

Refer: http://www.salesforce.com/docs/en/lma/Content/lma_best_practice.htm

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
chaithaly gowdachaithaly gowda
Hi, 
I dont want to update the expiration date every time it gets changed,,, any better approach to find the expiration date?
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Nope, I don't think there is another way.

You can Raise an Idea in Idea Exchange based on Votes it will be implemented by the product team in future releases.