function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stefaan Somers 11Stefaan Somers 11 

Invalid field error

Hi, today I created a new field. At a certain time I changed the API-name with worked without any problem.

When I now try to save the object, I always receive the error 'Invalid field' but with an API-name, that in my opinion doesn't exist. If I go through the list of fields I don't find this back. I have no clue anymore on how to resolve this issue.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Stefaan,

Greetings!

I would suggest you to double check,if you have used the field which field was updated recently.Otherwise,you can check by using Where is this used? button on the field to avoid any issues.

Please mark it as best answer if it helps you to fix the issue.

Regards,
​​​​​​​Shirisha Pathuri
Hi Shirisha, but the thing is that I don't find any field with this API-name. That's the weird thing.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
I would suggest you to check the setup audit trail to see the previous API name of the Field which you have changed to confirm,if it is related to the same field.

>>Setup>>Search view setup audit trail> search for the field.

Otherwise,compare the field name and API name of the field which is causing the issue.

Thank you!
Hi , Also in the audit for the last 6 months I don't find this API-name back. Very strange. *Stefaan Somers* Salesforce Consultant Vivaldis Interim Frankrijklei 126 B-2000 Antwerpen T: +32 3 213 44 33 www.vivaldisinterim.be Erkenning/Agréation Vivaldis Interim VG/609/U/BUOSA 54-406 54-405 W.INT.511 Vivaldis Construct VG/1380/BC 55-406 W.DISP.900