function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kent LichtyKent Lichty 

lightning app builder throws error on custom child component

I am relatively new to LWC programming, and this is the first time that I have attempted to reference a child component from a parent component using the kebab case syntax.  As my template, I am using the LWC "Event With Data" recipe, from which I have successfully created a Lightning App with no problems, so I know the concept is valid.  The problem is that, whenever I attemp to create a Lightning App with MY CUSTOM components, I get the error shown below:

Error Lightning App BuilderThe stack trace reads:  
n()@https://fike--rspilot.lightning.force.com/flexipageEditor/modules/c/iclitem.js:4:330

I refer to my custom component using the kebab case syntax that I have read about, as shown below in my parent HTML page:

<template>
    <lightning-card title="Incentive Calculations Data Display" icon-name="standard:logging">
        <template if:true={incentiveCalculations.data}>
            <lightning-layout class="slds-var-m-around_medium">
                <lightning-layout-item>
                    <template for:each={incentiveCalculations.data}            for:item="incentiveCalculation">
                        <c-iclitem
                            class="slds-show slds-is-relative"
                            key={incentiveCalculation.Id}
                            contact={incentiveCalculation}
                            onselect={handleSelect}
                        ></c-iclitem>
                    </template>
                </lightning-layout-item>
                <lightning-layout-item class="slds-var-m-left_medium">
                    <template if:true={selectedIncentiveCalculation}>   
                        <p>{selectedIncentiveCalculation.Name}</p>  
                    </template>
                </lightning-layout-item>
            </lightning-layout>
        </template> 
    </lightning-card>
</template>

The error message leads me to believe that Lightning App builder cannot find my child component because it is NOT in the standard "c" folder, as I have also read this in the documentation:

A custom Lightning web component can't access a Lightning web component or module in a custom namespace.  It can access Lightning web components and modules only in the c and lightning namespaces.

So is what I am trying to do just not possible?  If so, that is really limiting.  I have redone my code quite a few times thinking that it was just a simple keying error, but nothing seems to work.  I can send additional code if necessary, but it is all quite simple stuff.

I would appreciate any help on this, because nobody at my organization has any experience in LWC coding.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings!

Please refer the below documentation for the reference on how to invoke the components from different namespaces.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/documentation/en/lwc/create_components_namespace

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri