function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Georg WilleGeorg Wille 

Is there a specific forum for documentation questions / errata?

I am pretty new in salesforce development, which makes it the more important that I can rely on the documentation. To start with, I stumbled over this:
The QuoteLineItem doc for the Discount field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_quotelineitem.htm) enumerates under Properties the following operations: Create, Filter, Nillable, Sort, Update
Wereas the OpportunityLineItem doc for the same field (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm) has only this under Properties: Filter, Nillable, Sort
Questions:
  • is this an oversight in the doc ?
  • or am I wrong in assuming that Update signifies that I can update the field via Apex code ?
  • or else, where can I find an explanation that tells me how to interpret the entries under Properties ?
Best Answer chosen by Georg Wille
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Georg,

You can find the explanation around the API Field Properties here

Create - Value for the field can be specified during create using the API

Filter - Can be used as filter criteria in a SOQL query FROM or WHERE clause.

Nillable - The field can contain a null value.

Sort - Indicates whether a query can sort on this field (true) or not (false).

Update -  Can be updated using the API.

Looked at both the documentations. The discount field in both the docs have the following: Create, Filter, Nillable, Sort, Update

QuoteLineItem

OpportunityLineItem

Let me know if it helps. If it does, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You!

All Answers

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Georg,

You can find the explanation around the API Field Properties here

Create - Value for the field can be specified during create using the API

Filter - Can be used as filter criteria in a SOQL query FROM or WHERE clause.

Nillable - The field can contain a null value.

Sort - Indicates whether a query can sort on this field (true) or not (false).

Update -  Can be updated using the API.

Looked at both the documentations. The discount field in both the docs have the following: Create, Filter, Nillable, Sort, Update

QuoteLineItem

OpportunityLineItem

Let me know if it helps. If it does, please mark this answer as Best. It may help others in the community. Thank You!

This was selected as the best answer
Georg WilleGeorg Wille
Hi Anudeep

1. Of course you are right about the documentation and I apologize - I must have been tired out from trying too hard and then was confused by the Quote.Discount field description.
2. Your explanation of the meaning of the field properties has helped me to a) solve my problem and b) gain a better understanding.

Thank you - Georg