function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael MMichael M 

Help with custom report type secondary object

Hello, We have an object called Admissions. Admissions has 2 lookup fields to Account: Insurance Company and Secondary Insurance Company. In my custom report, I want the "child", or secondary, object to be "Admissions (Insurance Company)". However that is not an option when I am trying to create the report type. For some reason, "Admissions (Secondary Insurance Company)" is an option. How can I get "Admissions (Insurance Company)" to be an option?
Best Answer chosen by Michael M
Michael MMichael M
Oh i just realized what it is--  the insurance company field on admissions had a name set for the related list, which was a differnet name. In reality it was a choice on the report picklist, just under a differnet name. Thank you!

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Do you have any screenshot to share? When you have 1st lookup field visible you should be able to get second one as well.
Michael MMichael M
Yes, here are the fields from object manager  (by the way, Admissions in our org is the standard Opportunity object, we just renamed it):
User-added image

And here is what's available when I try to make this report type:
User-added image
Michael MMichael M
Oh i just realized what it is--  the insurance company field on admissions had a name set for the related list, which was a differnet name. In reality it was a choice on the report picklist, just under a differnet name. Thank you!
This was selected as the best answer