function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raviteja_KRaviteja_K 

Permission set giving edit access to profile level record types, how can I avoid this?

Let's say I have a "Test Profile" having 5 record types (Checked All) with Read and Create Object permissions. This profile was assigned to 2 users (A & B).

Now the requirement is User B needs to edit one record type(out of 5). I tried the permission set option by selecting the required record type and gave edit access (object permissions).
After adding this permission set to User B, able to edit all 5 record types instead of the selected one in the permission set.

how can I achieve edit access only for one record type for User b and read access for the remaining 4 record types?

Please let me know if you need more details..!

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Raviteja, 

Are you seeing the same issue if you adjust the record type settings under profile to include only the record types the user needs access to?

User-added image
Raviteja_KRaviteja_K
Thank you @Anudeep fro your immediate response :)

Could you please explain me in detail about your approach to achieve my requirement which I've mentioned below.

Both (A & B) users need access (Read & Create) to the 5 record types available under Test Profile.
But User A should have edit access to one record type( out of 5 available).
So Ive created new permission set and gave edit access by selecting the required record type but the user with this permission set getting edit access for other record types as well which are selected at profile level.
How can i prevent this?