function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Henry ArguelloHenry Arguello 

Unable to add approval process to custom button

I need to add an approval process to a custom button in salesforce. The process will go as follows:

1. Sale is closed and won
2. Send New Sale Email (The custom button) is clicked and you are taken to the custom new sale email template where you can also add attachements.
3. When you click send we need this to be sent to one person for approval before it is sent to the executives. 

Can this be done?
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Henry,

Greetings!

If you setup the Email template to send an email then you can use this email whenever you send an email on button clicked which will direct send to you.However,you will not be redirected to the email template edit at the time of execution.

In order to achieve this you would need the custom Visualforce page to show you the Email kind of layout where you can make changes/add attachments as per your requirement.

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Henry ArguelloHenry Arguello
Hi Shirisha,

Thank you for your reponse. This does help in a sense however, I would need to go into more detail to make things a bit more clear. I am somewhat new to Salesforce so if there is any way that you can elaborate more on the matter that would be very helpful for me. 
Ryan Khan 1Ryan Khan 1
Is there anyone explain to me how is this possible? (https://shulowsvillage.com/)