function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raphael BendenounRaphael Bendenoun 

Flow Builder not firing up after approval process

Hi all, 
I have a custom object "Custom1" on which we added an Approval process. The process is easy when the object is approved by the approver then I have a Final Approval Actions that is set to update a field in "Custom1" Called is_approved ( True/False - Checkbox)

Then using a Flow builder I set that if the field is is_approved: True then it should trigger the flow that will update a field in many records linked to "Custom1"

For some reason, the Flow Builder is not triggered when it happens after the approval process. However, if I edit the field is_approved to TRUE manually then the flow is triggered 

Could you please help me to trigger it after the approval process?

FYI: User-added image

sachinarorasfsachinarorasf
Hi Raphael,

When you edit a "field update" action of an Approval Process, the checkbox Re-evaluate Workflow Rules After Field Change needs to be checked in order to have all workflows to be run and evaluated again after the "field update" rules in the approval process are applied.

This will cause also the flows set in the process builder to run again.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark it as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Arora
www.sachinsf.com
Raphael BendenounRaphael Bendenoun
Hi Sacha,
Thx for your answer, please have a look at the picture. the checkbox is indeed selected ;)but it is still not working 
Nadine BirkeNadine Birke
Hi Raphael, could you find a solution? I have the same problem. I found this idea: https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdeyQUAR/allow-an-approval-process-to-trigger-a-flow
Lukesh KarmoreLukesh Karmore
Hii guys, could you find a solution on this ?
Collen Mayer 22Collen Mayer 22
Hi Lukesh, I've run into this a number of times and end up having the approval process field update trigger a process builder which in turn calls a flow.  It's definitely clunky and I imagine something Salesforce will need to address as it moves everyone away from process builder.  Hope this helps.
Karthik Nallajalla 11Karthik Nallajalla 11
As of Spring '22, you can trigger a Flow from an Update Field action performed by an Approval Process.

In order to make it work, the flow should be using API version 54 for the Approval process Field Update to run record-triggered flows.
Lukesh KarmoreLukesh Karmore
 @Karthik Nallajalla 11    I have old flow, when I change the version of flow to 54 It gives an error.  <b>An unhandled fault has occurred in this flow</b>
Khadidjah Zeadally 5Khadidjah Zeadally 5
@kartik I was debugging this error for 2 days. When i changed the version to 55, it worked. thanks for your help. Cheers
Alberto SungleeAlberto Sunglee

I have the same problem 

1. Field update checkbox for reevaluation of workflow rules is set to true
  2. My flow is on API v55
But actually the flow is still not firing after approval process field update