function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Srinivas Reddy Annadi 23Srinivas Reddy Annadi 23 

<apex:inputcheckbox not working guest user update for winter 21 release

Hi,

I am unable to use the <apex:inputcheckbox in visualforce for guest user update for winter 21 release. Previously it is working fine for guest user but it is not working after removing the edit,delete,view all,modify all permissions for guest user update.Can you please suggest me is there any other way to do it for checkbox functionality.

Thanks & Regards,
Srinivas
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Based on what I have read (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=networks_guest_policies_timelines.htm&type=5) these Guest User changes will be part of Spring’21 and not the Summer release, will keep an eye out for the release notes.

Sandboxes created prior to Winter 21 upgrade, Those sandboxes which were on Summer 21 release had the option to disable the Guest user security changes, But once the update was applied write or view all access was automatically removed from the Guest user profile.

I see that you don’t see the issue in Prod but see the issue in a Sandbox environment. There can be a couple of reasons that can happen:

1. Discrepancy between sharing rules?

2. Mode of Apex code running? In Prod apex can be running in “without sharing” context as to “with sharing” in Sandbox.

For further suggestions, you have to raise a case with the Salesforce support team.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.

Srinivas Reddy Annadi 23Srinivas Reddy Annadi 23
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for providing your information and previously we debug line by line code and we find out the inputhidden and inputcheckboxes are not working for guest user update for winter 21 release but we are using inputcheckbox functionality and can you please suggest do we need to do any other way to achieve that solution.

Thanks & Regards
Srinivas 
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
As of now, I don't have Srinivas.

You can raise a case with support and the mentioned release issue.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.