function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys 

Calculate if close date is in the next 3 quarters

Hi, I'm looking for a formula to evaluate to TRUE if the close date of an opportunity is changed to a date in the next 3 quarters.

Example, close date is Jan 15 (Q1)and then the opportunity moves to April 15(Q2)
Andrew GAndrew G
a few steps to the possible solution

1. Create a field to hold the original date
2. Create a process builder to populate the original date to that field
3. Create 2 x number formula fields that determine the Quarter as a number for each date field in a format of YYQ - Year Quarter - like 201 for Q1 year 2020 or 213 for Q3 year 2021
4. Create a fomula field that subtracts the two numbers.  Any number 10 or over is more that 3 Quarters difference.

There are a few posts regarding working out Quarters for a date.  

hopefully the above put you on a path.

regards
Andrew

petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys
HI Andrew, I've been working on this but running into trouble in creating a YYQ number field.  Can't find anything on that.  
petec@i2isyspetec@i2isys
Hi Andrew, I was able to figure this out by creating 6 new fields.  YY ,and Q, and previous YY, and previous Q, and a concatanate field for YY and Q and another concatanate field for previous YY and Q.  Then with those last two fields could calcuate whether pushed to another quarter.  Thanks!
Andrew GAndrew G
Glad you worked out a solution.  Apologies for not checking back in but hectic run to the closedown before christmas.

Enjoy the holidays.

Christmas Cheers 
Andrew