function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VijayNiVijayNi 

Formula filed update

Hi All,

Can someone  explain how can we accomplish the below .
Apart from trigger 

An Sobject named Application_c has a lookup relationsnip to another sOblect named Position c. Both Application _c and Position _c have a picklist field named Status c. When the Status _c field on Position c Is updated, the Status _c field on Application _c needs to be populated automatically with the same value, and execute a workflow rule on Application_c. 
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ummeda,

>> https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/50776/how-to-get-lookup-field-values-from-the-formula-field?rq=1

I found this example that can help you in building your use case.

I think if the status__c is a picklist then you can try checking TEXT(Positon.Status__c)

It worked in my org.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.
ravi soniravi soni

Hi ummeda,
Follow the following Steps.
1.In quick find box type process builder Select process builder then click New button And enter process Name And In The process starts when Select A Record Changes Click Save
Then ===>
User-added image

1. Create a Process Builder On Postion object And Fill up Criteria Name and Select Conditions are met in  Criteria for Executing Actions.
In Fields  type Position and Select Position and In position select Picklist Filed like Status And 
Operator isChange, Type Boolean, Value True Then SAVE.

User-added image
2. And Then In IMMEDIATE ACTIONS create a new Action select Action Type Update and fill up the  Action Name  Field.
User-added image
3. In Record Select a 2nd oppotion Select a record related to the type position and select and in position select Application__r
4. In Criteria for Updating Records Section select No criteria—just update the records! 
5. In Field select status And In Type Select Filed Referance  and in Value Filed select position and in Postion select status.
Then Save

After All Steps Completed Activate the process Builder

Try all above steps. let me know if it's helps you.
Thank You