function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vladimir BessonovVladimir Bessonov 

how to form metadata packages in salesforce developing for CICD?

I am trying to work in CICD pipelines. 

I cannot figure out or find any good examples of packaging the metedata

1) How I have to retrieve metadata developed declaratively in salesforce? Shall I create a separate org just for declarative programming? After done with that pull the data into source code?
I am doing now 20 push already as I always miss something: flexipage, layout, some custom object, etc. How to avoid it? is it a normal process?

2) when I get the complete correct package.xml - it is more or less clear. 
git add *, git commit -m "...", git push origin master. 
but how to get this complete correct list? 

how other people work? I created scratch org but it did not work for some reason. I thought scratch org shall be empty, so what ever you create shall be possible to retreive all somehow I guess. 

But still it is very confusing. 

how to corrrectly work with metadata? I see people flad with lots of water but no clera instrucitons. 

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Vladimir - I recommend watching 
Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery with Salesforce DX to understand how to correctly work with the metadata

Let me know if this helps
Vladimir BessonovVladimir Bessonov
Good video.but not really helpfull. specially if you just starting development on salesfroce. 

I got it that it is better to create a scratch org, de declarative desigm there than pull it into your code that you can push into CICD pipeline. 
Still I dont see any usefull tools to work with dependencies of metedata. 

I started to develop with declaretive programming in sandbox. so it was pain to pull all necessary metadate.