function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian NolauBrian Nolau 

You guys should put a password instead of a Recaptcha on the Web-to-Lead or Web-to-Case so that you can be certain the right people are entering data on an outside website

As the above title says it's dumb to use a recaptcha for a web-to-case or web-to-lead form on a website. 

If you just used a password then you could supply outside clients with their own custom passwords so that you knew for sure the right person was entering data into the form. Obviously you can use a particular text field to create auto-routing to that client's queue based on a text field but then that would require me to make a rule for each client in the Lead Assignment Rules whereas if it was an Excel file that I could upload I could scale the outside form to infinity. 

Web-to-Lead (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtmAo8VeXzQ)

Also, your explanation for Live-Chat embedding is horrible on your website. 

Lastly, is the web-to-lead HTML safe to use on an outside website in a corporate environment? Like how can you ensure the data is safe on a separate website getting fed into Salesforce. I mean Salesforce is basically the middleman here with the Web-to-Lead and Web-to-Case forms.

Is there any way for a client to actually login to your salesforce themselves?
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Brian,

I don't think this would be possible under the current out-of-the-box functionality however, you can raise a new idea so that it can be upvoted by others as well, if it reaches the necessary threshold upvotes then it can be considered in the future.

As per the current functionality, you can only use Recaptcha 2 to restrict prevent Spam leads.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.  

Thanks.