function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian Nolau 2Brian Nolau 2 

Can Salesforce's Page Layout take any Longer to Load when you change stuff? It's like you guys purposefully make it horrible to harass workers who have to deal with how TERRIBLE your Master-Detail/Lookup Relationships are so you can gift jobs to people

Brian Nolau 2Brian Nolau 2

I'm making my third free trial developer account trying to get this setup properly. This entire process is disgusting. Also why can't I use process builder to update the "Name" field with a value from another field. I had planned on using that Unique other field to ensure that the "Name" field was unique. I obviously can't use an Autonumber in the "Name" field because then lookups to that field are unusable and I don't want to use Text because then you're terrible file uploader may not notice that you're uploading duplicate records and lose out on records. So now I have to type out two names because your lookup is trash and only works for the single "Name" field

Andrew GAndrew G
Greetings

The reason why you can't use the Process Builder to test your unique field is due to the Save Order of Execution.

Short version, System validations and duplicate fields are tested before Process Builders run.

If you want to populate a field in a record from another field in the record so you can test for uniqueness, they use a Before Trigger or Before Flow.

Short version - System Validations > before triggers > System Validatons again (uniqueness) > Duplicates > Process Builder.

HTH

Andrew