function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff BomarJeff Bomar 

create a button in lightning

Would like some advice if someone could help me out. Not sure if this is where I should post this since not sure if Apex code needs to be written.  
I have a custom object call Custom programing. I would like a button that could be clicked within the object that would create a record that is a child of the billing object and copy over the information from the custom programming object. I am just wondering if this could be done. and where would I start or some documentation could read. 

Example: 
Custom Programing: Create a New Business drop ( this is an object that would contain the button) there is a related list under the account called Monthly billing which is products once you click on the product there is a related list that contains the monthly charges for that item. 

List View:
An account with a related list Custom  Programming and Monthly Billing and monthly billing with chield records for the items related to that product. 

Best Answer chosen by Jeff Bomar
Jessie Mead CJJessie Mead CJ
Hey Jeff!
Try building a flow to do this.  You can use the recordId variable to pull in the information needed to create the child object.  You can use a Loop element to get a collection of records to associate.  An example: https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/143940/create-child-record-using-flow