function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert KaratzasRobert Karatzas 

Dataloader v49.0.0 move from DEVELOPMENT laptop to Production Server VM

Hi Folks

My DEVELOPMENT laptop has worked fine for me for months now.

(and still works fine today…)  the new production server fails to login

What “I think” may be happening, is that the encrypted key (used to authenticate) might be based on a hash which includes a SUID (a Windoz system ID, which would be different between my laptop and the mentioned server). I'd like to just talk to the Salesforce tech folks to get this resolved (since this portion is going live in 2-3 weeks, and would mean that I’d have to keep running things on my laptop, by hand, every day 

I don't want to risk having both my laptop AND the server down.

Thanks
Rob

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Robert,

I would suggest you speak with your Salesforce folks and with your networking team too.

One thing is right you have to work from your laptop only, Because if you log in to a new system then there could be a security issue.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
Hi Abhishek

I've tried them (my internal Salesforce folks) already. They aren't that technical here (and I know a 5 minute call with Salesforce Technical Support would give me the necessary insight on how they developed the Dataloader).

Rob
The Hanover Insurance Group
Rob,

That's is the only way.
Are you telling me that corporations who buy Salesforce have no technical support (for software setup) from Salesforce?
Rob,

I mean you need some to check all the configurations with the system.

One way is to reach salesforce support or you have to get in touch with someone who can check all the stuff.

I hope you understand.

Thanks.
The entire (working) configuration (from my DEVELOPMENT laptop) was copied directly onto the PRODUCTION server (VM). It's having a login failure. Login is based on the encrypted key, does the encrypted key have to be regenerated when you move from one piece of hardware to another? If I can get a "straight" answer on that (from Salesforce Technical Support), then I'd have some understanding on how to triage the problem. I just don't want to play with anything that has to do with login and risk shutting down BOTH environments.

There has to be a simple way to log a technical support request? (Obviously, telling our Salesforce team that one was submitted.)

Thanks
Rob
Rob,

You can try that in Sandbox.

Just create a sandbox and refresh it. It will get the exact copy of production.

There you can make any kind of changes and it will not affect the live environment too.
Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by try that in Sandbox. I learned and setup the Dataloader just by reading the manual. It was really pretty straight forward. I'm simply PULLING data from Salesforce (using the Dataloader and doing integration with another in-house application, unrelated to Salesforce, I'm in DIFFERENT development group in my company than the Salesforce group.)  So this doesn't have anything related to testing needed. It's running now (albeit on my laptop), everything that it would in production for this effort. I simply need to have it running on a different PC and sign-off on the development effort.  Rob
Rob,

It's not that simple.

Apologies then I can't help you.
no problem, I appreciate your efforts (unless you work for Salesforce, then I'm dismally disappointed). out of the dozen or so ERP, MRP, etc. software vendors I've dealt with, I've never had an instance where I couldn't just call the vendor/Dynamics AX/etc. folks and log a support call. 

Respectfully
Rob