function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jugbeer BholaJugbeer Bhola 

Developer Console Tabs

On the Developer Console in Salesforce

All the tabs are closed before pressing the X in the right hand corner of the browser. 

When The Developer Console is opened again all the tabs that were previously closed are open again.

How do you make it stick?  So the tabs are not present when the Developer Console is open again?

I have use the 'Close All' from the Toolbar menu and I have right clicked on the browser bar and clicked 'Close.'  Always the same result.  The tabs that were closed remain open again when re-opening the Developer Console.  

Is this not possible? 
Best Answer chosen by Jugbeer Bhola
Robert Allen 19Robert Allen 19
I had this issue as well, and it seemed to be tied to one of the history tabs becoming un-runnable.  What worked for me is creating a new workspace, then deleting the default workspace.

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Try to close them manually one by one and they shouldn't appear when you open developer console again.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000335530&type=1&mode=1

I tried close all from toolbar and it worked as expected for me.

Thanks,
That did not work for me.  I am wondering if it is a setting somewhere?  Thanks for attempting to answer though.

The link you attached to this is not related to this issue.  
Check below settings

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=console2_setup_save_sessions.htm&type=5
Yes.  That is not the 'Developer' Console but Thanks. 
Agree but can you give a try and check?  Also, can you try in a different browser.

I checked from my end and there is no explicit settings regarding console tabs.

Thanks,
Robert Allen 19Robert Allen 19
I had this issue as well, and it seemed to be tied to one of the history tabs becoming un-runnable.  What worked for me is creating a new workspace, then deleting the default workspace.
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you!  That worked.   Took 2 years but I have an answer!  :)