function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankita Kudithipudi 25Ankita Kudithipudi 25 

How to add externally created and signed certificate for Integration between salesforce and other system

Hello everyone,
I have very limited knowledge on integrations and havent dealt with this kind of integrations.I am integrating with AMEX and they gave me a signed cert and we have our own signed cert(this cert is not downloaded from salesforce. As our Ops team says they use their own certs not the once generated by salesforce).I am unable to add it to Certificate and key Management.
Things I tried:
1. Got a .jks file from our ops team and tried to use import from a keystore button and add it.I am always getting an error saying keystore file is corrupted(this cert is not corrupted as it is used by many other systems in our company)
2.Got a .pkcs12 file from our ops team(of the same cert) and converted it to jkc using the steps in https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000313672&type=1&mode=1 and even that did not go well.
Can someone please suggest me  how to achieve this?
Thank you
Ankita
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ankita,

Greetings!

As per the salesforce limitations,you can't upload Client certificate inside salesforce.You will have to generate the certificate using Apex.Go thorugh the below link ,it has a detailed description as how you can do this :-

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=906F00000008wSGIAY

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Ankita Kudithipudi 25Ankita Kudithipudi 25
HI Shirisha,
Thank you for your response.I am still not clear sorry about that as this is my very first time dealing with certificates.So does that mean I cannot use the signed cert which I have got from my team.and I need to generate the same cert in apex? Then How will I use the cert provided by AMEX? Should i be recreating that cert(AMEX) as well using apex code?
Thank you
Ankita