function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicolas ZuminoNicolas Zumino 

How do I access the Automated User?

My auto launched Flow won't work because it is sending an email and the From is the Automated User email, which is not valid, I am told. 
Where and how can I access this Automated User, and edit the email of this user?
Best Answer chosen by Nicolas Zumino
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nicolas,

Greetings!

Automated User is an internal user which can not be accessed on UI.However,you can create permission set and assign it to the automated user using code as suggested below:

create a Permission Set and assign the autoproc User in Exec-Anonymous:
insert new PermissionSetAssignment( AssigneeId = [SELECT Id FROM User WHERE alias = 'autoproc'].Id, PermissionSetId = '<your Permission Set Id here>' );

You should then be able to manage the Permission Set to add any new permissions you need.
Alternatively, use URL hacking:
Using the Developer Console to query for the autoproc Profile ID:
SELECT ProfileId FROM User WHERE Alias = 'autoproc'
Then use a URL hack to access the setup page and enable the relevant Apex Classes:
/_ui/system/user/ProfileApexClassPermissionEdit/e?profile_id={autoproc_profile_id}
Or to Apex Pages
/_ui/system/user/ProfileApexPagePermissionEdit/e?profile_id={autoproc_profile_id}
Or to Field Level Permissions:
/setup/layout/flsedit.jsp?id={autoproc_profile_id}&type={sObjectName}

Please refer the below thread for more information:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/210710/automated-process-user-profile-permissions

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

All Answers

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nicolas,

Greetings!

Automated User is an internal user which can not be accessed on UI.However,you can create permission set and assign it to the automated user using code as suggested below:

create a Permission Set and assign the autoproc User in Exec-Anonymous:
insert new PermissionSetAssignment( AssigneeId = [SELECT Id FROM User WHERE alias = 'autoproc'].Id, PermissionSetId = '<your Permission Set Id here>' );

You should then be able to manage the Permission Set to add any new permissions you need.
Alternatively, use URL hacking:
Using the Developer Console to query for the autoproc Profile ID:
SELECT ProfileId FROM User WHERE Alias = 'autoproc'
Then use a URL hack to access the setup page and enable the relevant Apex Classes:
/_ui/system/user/ProfileApexClassPermissionEdit/e?profile_id={autoproc_profile_id}
Or to Apex Pages
/_ui/system/user/ProfileApexPagePermissionEdit/e?profile_id={autoproc_profile_id}
Or to Field Level Permissions:
/setup/layout/flsedit.jsp?id={autoproc_profile_id}&type={sObjectName}

Please refer the below thread for more information:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/210710/automated-process-user-profile-permissions

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
This was selected as the best answer
Arghyadeep SurArghyadeep Sur

Hi Nicolas , 

To access the process automation user , search for Process Automation Settings on Quick Find

There you can find a lookup to select the Default workflow user.
The default workflow user is required for scheduled paths in record-triggered flows and time-dependent actions in workflow rules. If the user who triggered the automation is no longer active, the default workflow user is associated with the actions that are executed by the automation. The default workflow user always runs schedule-triggered flows.
Additionally , there is also an option to enter the Automated Process User Email Address , which you can input as per your requirement. 

I hope this helps!

Please mark this as the best answer if it helps.

Regards,
Arghyadeep

RoystRoyst

Hi there,  you can query the PlatformEventSubscriberConfig object as documented in Tooling API : PlatformEventSubscriberConfig (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_tooling.meta/api_tooling/tooling_api_objects_platformeventsubscriberconfig.htm) and example query is 

SELECT UserId,User.Name FROM PlatformEventSubscriberConfig
Joana Matos 4Joana Matos 4
Hello, I am having this issue as well. One of the process builders is not working, and the ID is from the automated process user. We froze the user on the Default Workflow User - will that affect running the process builder? Thank you.