+ Start a Discussion
Kelsey BaustianKelsey Baustian 

lookup to contacts in a screen flow

Hello all, I'm trying to create a screen flow where I can have a Lookup to Contact records. The end result is going to be when the flow creates a Task, the person selected in the Contact record lookup is the WhoId. 

However, when debugging, I'm getting an error message. Can you please take a look and point out what I'm doing wrong? Thank you!User-added imageUser-added image
Best Answer chosen by Kelsey Baustian
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kelsey,

>> Field API Name (unlike Apex) is case sensitive kindly re-check.

>> User needs to have "Edit" Permission to Access lookup field.

Check below reference details
https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=9064S000000ClyqQAC

Thanks,

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kelsey,

>> Field API Name (unlike Apex) is case sensitive kindly re-check.

>> User needs to have "Edit" Permission to Access lookup field.

Check below reference details
https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/answers?id=9064S000000ClyqQAC

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer
Manuel HebertManuel Hebert
Hi! I am trying the same thing here. Doesn't seem to be working either. Did someone solve that? Thank you!

User-added image
Ed Lawrence 10Ed Lawrence 10
Hey Manuel, I'm having the same issue. I've tried EVERY name field API and even those that not errored, when i use in the screen flow it just buffers and finds no Contact record... 
Bobby UzdavinesBobby Uzdavines
Hi all,

In my experience, looking up Contacts in a screen flow operate differently than other objects/fields. For "Field API Name" I put "MasterRecordId", and for "Object API Name" I put Contact. Leave "Record Id" blank. Then, in an Assignment or Update element I reference the screen field element and "record id" to pull in the Contact. See screenshots below. Hope this helps!

User-added image

User-added image
Aaron Butz 5Aaron Butz 5
I had the same problem as Ed where the lookup field would just keep buffering and not load any contacts. Bobby's solution worked for me. 
Lyndsay Maby 16Lyndsay Maby 16
I'm also having the same problem where the lookup field just keeps buffering and not loading any contacts. I tried Bobby's solution and it worked, as well. Note - I originally entered "MasterRecordID" and got an error... because it is case sensitive and I needed to use "MasterRecordId" as noted in Bobby's post. Thanks, Bobby!