function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
The CrewThe Crew 

Create a Contact Record Type within a Person Account

Hi there, we're a B2C organisation and run a Person account.  What I can't work out how to do is to convert leads into contacts whenever a lead purchases.  When I manually try to select "convert" in the individual's record it says "Unable to find default record type".  In Contact settings I'm unable to setup a person-type contact record.  Where am I going wrong?
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings!

This seems like the permission issue for the user on whether they have the Lead Conversion permission or record type permissions as mentioned here.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008os2IAA

Kindly mark it as best answer if it helps so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
The CrewThe Crew
Thanks so much, but I've tried everything and I still can't convert Leads to Contacts as I'm unable to set up a Person Account.  When I select "Choose Exisiting" it says "You are converting this lead to a business account. Please choose a person account." and when I select "Create New" it says "Unable to find default record type".  I can't work out how to set up a Person type Account.  I am the admin.  Thanks in advance