function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venkat Vishal Reddy NakkaVenkat Vishal Reddy Nakka 

Is Platform Cache of 3 MB free for ISV ?

Hi All, 

Is Platform Cache of 3 MB free for AppExchange-certified and security-reviewed managed packages as "Provider Free Capacity" ? 

This help doc says its free : 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.data_platform_cache_setup_provider_capacity.htm&type=5

But another doc says ISV has to purchase cache for use with the applications they provide to customers.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.data_platform_cache_purchase.htm&type=5

Can anyone provide some clarification on this please ?

Best Answer chosen by Venkat Vishal Reddy Nakka
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Venkat,

For all Developer edition orgs it provides 3 MB of free Platform Cache capacity.

However for Enterprise, Unlimited , Performance Edition you would need to purchase it.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Venkat,

For all Developer edition orgs it provides 3 MB of free Platform Cache capacity.

However for Enterprise, Unlimited , Performance Edition you would need to purchase it.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
This was selected as the best answer
Venkat Vishal Reddy NakkaVenkat Vishal Reddy Nakka

Thanks for your reply Vinay.

So if I understand this correctly, when I create a Platform Cache Partition with Provider Free Capacity in Developer Edition and add it to Managed Package. After AppExchange-certified, if the package is installed in subscriber org which is Developer Edition then its free ? 

And if subscriber Org is Enterprise, Unlimited, Performace editions then as an ISV I need to purchase it ?

That's correct.

Thanks,
Kees HeidaKees Heida
@Vinay This is not entirely correct anymore. Platform cache will be available for namespaced code asl part of the ISV Partner benefits. OEM Apps will get 10MB according to the Benefits page. This is independent of the type of subscriber Org.