function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wm Peck 1958Wm Peck 1958 

SOQL question - "JOINING" two queries or views

At the moment I have two main queries (College Application and Recommendations). Both "join" up to Contact for Student Name, Gender, etc., that I'm doing using SOQL in Workbench.

But I'd like to keep these as "clean" as possible, but then JOIN them together to create a larger dataset.

Is this possible? Is it possible to create a VIEW (like in Oracle) and then "JOIN" the two views?

*Having  a hard time grasping how to pull data out of SF, for various analytical purposes.

Best Answer chosen by Wm Peck 1958
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 

All Answers

AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
This was selected as the best answer
Wm Peck 1958Wm Peck 1958
This is helpful, so thank you! But ....

- I have no idea what SAQL is, so I will have to figure out what it is and how to use it
- Using Einstein is also another deep dive - I've done some basics in getting started but it's not exactly a walk in the park

Basically I'm futzing around with SOQL-Workbench, trying to wrap my head around all of this after 25 years of Oracle-SQL, and essentially haveing no one to assist. I made some headway in learning the data model and getting decent datasets via SOQL-Workbench. But I'm really not making any significant headway.

In regards to Einstein, it's more of a dashboard tool, no? My team's goal is to pull data and dump to spreadsheets, maybe create some "cross-tab" charts and such. But it's "pull data". Einstein doesn't seem like the right tool to do that. Tableau maybe. Business Objects for sure.

But thank you!