function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Validation rules are not firing on the record save

Hello,

I have overrided a page with custom page.
I see that the validation rules are not firing nor the fields that are maked as requred on the page are firing.

Is there any leads i can look in to ?
thank you for sharing
Best Answer chosen by Ab
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Salesforce runs user-defined validation rules if multiline items were created, such as quote line items and opportunity line items.

Executes all before triggers.

Runs most system validation steps again, such as verifying that all required fields have a non-null value, and runs any user-defined validation rules. The only system validation that Salesforce doesn't run a second time (when the request comes from a standard UI edit page) is the enforcement of layout-specific rules.
Executes duplicate rules. If the duplicate rule identifies the record as a duplicate and uses the block action, the record is not saved and no further steps, such as after triggers and workflow rules, are taken.

Saves the record to the database, but doesn't commit yet.
Executes all after triggers.
Executes assignment rules.
Executes auto-response rules.
Executes workflow rules.
If there are workflow field updates, updates the record again.
If the record was updated with workflow field updates, fires before update triggers and after update triggers one more time (and only one more time), in addition to standard validations. Custom validation rules, duplicate rules, and escalation rules are not run again.
Executes processes.

Let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.